Welcome to Carson Valley Veterinary Hospital
Caring for the Pets of Carson Valley for Over 50 Years
Carson Valley Veterinary Hospital was founded in 1955 by Dr. Keith Cornforth. Dr. Cornforth was soon joined by Dr. Stephen Talbot, as well as Dr. Bob Gorrindo. Having a passion for animals and a vision of a veterinary hospital which provided medical care at a level that rivaled those providing human care, Carson Valley Veterinary Hospital was built on a strong foundation which is displayed to this day.
Although we no longer serve large animals, Carson Valley Veterinary Hospital has grown immensely since 1955. After 30 years at our previous location, we relocated in order to increase our capability of administering outstanding medical care.
Our new facility has been vital to offering advanced medical care for many pets and owners. Carson Valley Veterinary Hospital is open seven days a week and utilizes nine exam rooms for patient care. We offer comprehensive and preventative health care, a full surgery suite, complete dental services, digital radiography (x-rays), ultra-sound, stem-cell therapy, a full pharmacy and a variety of prescription pet foods. We are available at any time for guided tours of the hospital.
Today Carson Valley Veterinary Hospital is headed by Dr. Cameron Ross and Dr. Jim Nelson. Doctors Ross and Nelson have the same philosophy as Dr. Cornforth, Dr. Talbot and Dr. Bob Gorrindo, and stand behind Carson Valley’s Mission Statement, "Carson Valley Veterinary Hospital exists to provide kind, compassionate, friendly, and thorough medical and surgical care of dogs and cats with an emphasis on preventative and early detection medicine, while at the same time, keeping in mind and in action the concerns and desires of the pets' owners."